At OPEAR we’re 100% committed to the safety of your children when they’re in the care of one of our professional care providers. We believe there are no compromises when it comes to the safety of children. We know that parents are often faced with sacrificing convenience in order to ensure your children’s safety.
Right? Think about…
- The extra time you take to ensure your child is strapped into his car seat properly.
- Delaying errands until the weekend so that your children won’t come home from school to an empty house.
- Going years without a date night because you don’t want to leave your children with someone you don’t know.
When it comes to leaving your children with a sitter, you shouldn’t have to choose. And thanks to OPEAR you no longer have to! We’re committed to providing both convenience AND safety. Why? Because we’re parents too, and like you, we know that there’s NOTHING, not one single thing, that’s more important than your child’s safety.
That’s why we’ve built our company around the concept of safety; it’s our fundamental goal. Because honestly? When we started OPEAR, we didn’t like the idea of leaving our child with a stranger either. Why would we? Here’s our CEO’s take on safety:
When I first thought of the idea of OPEAR as a service that matches care providers with families who need them, I nearly dismissed the idea because I myself would not trust a stranger to come into my home and care for my children. So I asked myself, “what would it take to get to the point where I could trust a service to provide me with a caregiver?” The answer became clear; it’s in the vetting process. It’s in the background check, and the reference check. It’s leaving no stone unturned when assessing a candidate’s character; noting body language during a face-to-face interview, speaking with families who have used this caregiver before, and even perusing social media accounts to ensure that they are who they present themselves to be. Those are the steps we take to ensure our care providers can be trusted.
Michael Demetriou, CEO and Founder
Because of this level of commitment, we’ve created a caregiver service that’s not only convenient, but also laser-focused on the safety and security of your children from the beginning. To start with, each and every one of our potential caregivers must pass our rigorous onboarding process. It starts with the application, where we ask for much more than a candidate’s name and phone number. We include important questions about how they handle stressful situations and ask the tough qualifying questions to really get to know our candidates. If they pass the application, each candidate goes must complete the following steps to continue:
- Childcare exam. Before we even interview a potential caregiver, he or she must receive a passing score on a childcare exam. This shows us that the caregiver has the aptitude to handle children and knows what to do in a variety of emergency situations.
- Face-to-face interview. A passing score on the childcare exam earns our potential caregivers a video interview, in which character and body language are assessed.
- Background check. Yes, this is a real, thorough, honest-to-goodness background check. And we wouldn’t have it any other way. This is the OPEAR difference.
- Reference check. While the background check identifies any past criminal activity, we’ve found that the reference check is equally important to get a sense of the candidate’s actual experience as a caregiver.e check each and every reference unlike many companies these days.
To put it simply, no caregiver works for OPEAR until we would feel comfortable leaving our own children with him or her.
We LOVE convenience and we know how critical it can be to find a sitter for those last-minute situations–however we don’t focus on convenience until we’ve done our due diligence to ensure that our caregivers are trustworthy, reliable, and genuine. That way when your sitter shows up at your door you can face the world with confidence, knowing that your children are in good hands. At the end of the day, we couldn’t ask you to trust OPEAR unless we trust OPEAR.
Safety. Empathy. Compassion. Kindness. Love. Efficiency. OPEAR.
Are you a parent looking for Safety Tips? Click Here.
Are you a sitter looking for Safety Tips? Click Here.