Last Updated: 10/8/2017
As used in this policy, the terms “using” and “processing” information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization or among our affiliates within the United States.
1. Information Collection
Information that You Provide to Us:
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, engage with other users, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, residential address, phone number, payment card information, bank information, social security number, driver’s license information, emergency contacts, messages sent within the Services, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use the Service, we automatically collect information about you, including without limitation:
- Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device or computer you use to access the Service, including without limitation the hardware model, operating system and version, browser type, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Service, including the type of browser you use, access times, and your IP address. We do link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you. We do this for many reasons, including without limitation to improve services, marketing, analytics, and site functionality.
- Location Information: The App may collect information about the location of your device if you provide your consent. For more details, please see “Your Choices” below.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our partners, affiliates and service providers use various technologies to collect information about you, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve the Service and your experience, see which areas and features of the Service are popular, count visits and track user activity among other things. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”) and digital fingerprinting. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in the Service or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. Digital fingerprinting technology enables us to identify the devices that you use to access the Service for purposes such as data analytics, delivering targeted content and advertising, and protecting against possible fraudulent transactions.
- Third Party Info: We may also collect information from third parties and combine it with information collected through our Services. For example, we may collect information from publicly available sources, credit bureaus and agencies that conduct background checks. Additionally, if you create or log into your account through a social media site or email account, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information, contacts and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site or email account. We will also collect information that you permit the Service to import from third parties or otherwise upload for your use within the Service.
2. Use of Information
We use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- provide, maintain and improve the Service;
- complete transactions you request via the Service and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- administer and respond to your inquiries;
- verify your identity, perform background checks, and confirm or verify information you submit to us, such as associations, certifications, or other attributes;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Service;
- personalize and improve the services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by OPEAR and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- carry out any other purpose conveyed to you at the time the information was collected.
OPEAR is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers, such as payment processors and agencies that perform background checks, who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With other users of the Service, who will see your profile information, reviews and other information that you make available to them;
- If you choose to make certain information public or available to other users, such information will be available to other users and may be publicly available (depending on the settings or the forum or feature);
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies or that such sharing is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property and safety of OPEAR, its users, it employees, or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company or upon liquidation of OPEAR; and
- Otherwise with your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through the Service that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to OPEAR. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your account ID, login password, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov.
5. Third Party Advertisers and Analytics
OPEAR takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
7. Your Choices
- Account Information. All Members may review, update, or correct the information in their registration profile by contacting us at email@example.com or editing the relevant part of their profile. If you contact us, we will attempt to accommodate your request, including any request to deactivate your record in our system.
- Location Information. When you first launch any of our mobile applications that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to the application’s collection of this information. We currently require this location information in order to use our Services as a Service Provider, so if you do not consent to this collection, you cannot use our Services. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, our mobile applications, or certain features thereof, will no longer function. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device.
- Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Services. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
- Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from OPEAR by following the instructions in those emails or text messages or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
- Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts. With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
8. Links to Other Sites
Our Site contains links to other websites. If you choose to visit an advertiser by “clicking on” a banner ad or other type of advertisement, or click on another third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website or present a banner ad or other type of advertisement is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
9. Contacting Us